Monday, June 18, 2007

Message of the Day

It's so easy to spot what others need to change, isn't it?

It's even easier to point it out to them.

But it's not so easy to give people the freedom they need to access the truth on their own. We think people can't see what's wrong with themselves. But as we know, we judge ourselves more than we judge others.

If there is someone in your life who just isn't "getting it", find a way to support and validate them. And if your instincts are crying out to give them a dose of cold hard truth, make sure you ladle it out with sensitivity and heart. Without that, you will only make them feel worse.

-Yehuda Berg's Daily Consciousness Tune-Up

I am here if you know anyone who may need help or is in need of change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to set up an appointment with you soon. My now boyfriend and I have been looking for a therapist and haven't been successful in getting anyone to return our phone calls. In my opinion you seem to be a good choice after looking over a few of these posts. We are in need of a lot of help that we just can't seem to handle on our own. I will probably have him give you a call. :)