Sunday, January 31, 2010

Online Therapy Now Available

Dear current and prospective patients,

I am broadening the scope of my counseling practice to include Online Therapy.

You will see at the top right of my page, the Online Therapy Messenger box. This box functions the same as any other private messenger system. The instant messaging chat session is secure and completely private, ensuring your confidentiality.

When you send me a private and confidential message through my website, you will see our conversation in that window. Others logging onto the website, at the same time, will not be able to see the conversation taking place.

Who would be a good candidate for online therapy?

1) Individuals who, for varied reasons, cannot make/find the time to come in for a face-to-face session (work, children, distance, disability).

2) Current patients who want to have a session but cannot fit a face-to-face meeting in their schedules.

3) Prospective patients who would feel more comfortable receiving therapy through this medium.

How do I go about setting up online therapy sessions?

Send an email to karen.israel@gmail.com letting me know that you are interested in online therapy. You will receive my intake forms which include informed consent information, confidentiality clauses, scheduling options, and payment and cancellation information. You will be able to fill out these forms through email, and once all is complete and your session time has come, we will begin with you sending me a private and confidential message through my website.

I'm very excited about this new addition to my practice and I hope for this to be a fulfilling option for any of you seeking therapy/counseling who cannot or do not choose the face-to-face medium.

Looking forward to working with you!

-Karen Israel

3 comments:

Julie said...

It does seem very interesting. A lot of people usually feel, at some point in their lives, that they need some therapy and can`t find a time to do it since they work all day or just have a family that they don`t wanna leave alone at home. So Online therapy is the perfect option for people in this situation. Another reason, as you say, it`s because some people are not ready to have a face to face interview yet and they prefer something more distant but with the same effectiveness.
I think I might take some sessions.
Thank you very much for the information!
Julie

Unknown said...

These are very interesting facts covered on this blog.

online masters in clinical psychology
licensed professional counselor programs
marriage and family therapist california

samdonald said...

It’s really a great post..I would like to appreciate your work and I am going to recommend it to my friends. Thanks for sharing. no contact rule